One of these days, I will write my fail of the week before Wednesday afternoon, because I will be writing every day. One of these days, I can stop writing ‘one of these days’ and start writing ‘today.’ And one of these days (oh, this most magical of days), I will start posting on my blog again with more frequency and hopefully more things of interest to… whoever.
I did write a drabble today for my fail of the week. It was definitely rushed, last-minute, and really doesn’t have any quote I want to post from it. But I want to believe a change in the tide is coming, and I will be writing with more purpose from now on. Or so I always believe…
But, on another quite astonishing note, I was nominated for a Liebster Award by http://writingatmidnight.wordpress.com/. This is so wonderful and out-of-the-blue and I really wish I read more blogs (I need to start reading hers more often, because it looks pretty awesome and definitely up my alley) so I could nominate others for the same. As far as I understand, it’s pretty much a “you’re a new blog and I like your stuff” kind of award, which is really the best award you could ever hope for.
And it comes with a challenge, answering questions and delivering facts, so here we go:
1. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be? Why?
Hmmm. Well, I’d have to say J.K. Rowling, because maybe just standing in her presence for a minute would cause some sort of talent-by-osmosis effect. And she seems really cool, and she has a British accent. Although, I’d probably be way too fangirl-y for her. 🙂
2. If out of the blue you had to take a completely new career path, something you’ve never done before but always wondered about, what would you pick? Why?
Assuming that we could also have whatever talent we’d want, I think I would pick some form of visual artist. Like an animator or something. My thoughts are always very visual, and I’d love to be able to bring them to life in a visual medium. And I think I’d always want to do something creative.
3. What types of music do you listen to?
Mostly a little bit of everything, but I do listen to a lot of shlocky Top 20 pop music, with full knowledge that it’s awful but… yeah, I’ll admit it.
4. What is your favorite dream you’ve ever had?
Ooh, this is kind of a hard one. I usually don’t remember my dreams too well or for too long afterwards. I had this one dream about a family-owned Italian grocery store where all the workers (young men) were in love with one of the girls who shopped there regularly… I don’t know why, but it was sweet. And I guess my favorite.
5. If you could pick any book to be turned into a movie, what would you pick and why?
I would choose “Shadow of the Wind” by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, because it has great characters and would make a good movie, very noir and atmospheric.
6. If you had to pick a (new) pen name for yourself, what would you pick?
Allison Morlock. Middle name and a name that I like (and use in stories for different things, like shop names or last names, because it sounds like ‘warlock’).
7. What are your goals for this year?
The same goals I have every year (book. Book. And yes, book.) with the addition of not starving to death.
8. If you could spend a day with any book character, who would you pick and why?
I think, for the sake of having the best and most interesting single-day experience (versus a longer relationship or friendship or what have you), I would choose Dumbledore. I think you could learn a lot of cool stuff–and laugh. 🙂
9. Do you have any interesting hobbies?
Not really. A little drawing, and I’ve knit before (scarf-things only). But mostly just reading. A lot.
10. If you had a chance to study another language, what would you pick?
Ignoring practicality of usage in my current daily life, I think I would choose… Japanese. Or French. I can’t decide. I like the way both of them sound, and the cultures surrounding them.
11. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
– The ability to commit and follow through on what I start no matter what (if you think I can just grit my teeth and ‘have’ this without wishing for it, you don’t know me)
– Enough money so I would never have to work a day job and I could find my true passion without the pressure of publication
– World peace and happiness (because I would feel like a jerk not to at least ask, and I would truly like to see this happen, even though it won’t *sigh*)
Okay, now eleven random facts about me:
1. I sort of know how to translate Old English from a class in college.
2. I like blockbuster movies way more than Oscar winners, even when I know they’re ‘worse.’
3. I’m the only redhead in my family.
4. I have extremely sensitive tastebuds–so I can’t eat anything the least bit spicy.
5. I am intensely afraid of spiders.
6. I have two cats.
7. I went to France after high school with a class trip, and would love to go back–or really anywhere in Europe.
8. I ‘starred’ in a public access talk show in high school–which was horrible to watch, I’m sure, but fun at the time.
9. I am obsessed with Harry Potter (if you couldn’t tell) and would like to live in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando.
10. Even though I graduated with an English degree, I much prefer a lot of trashy, fun novels to serious classics.
11. Even though there is so much I want to do and get done, some days I enjoy nothing more than a long afternoon nap in the sun.
I don’t really follow too many blogs, so I don’t have anyone to nominate (not that I have enough followers that I would really be giving any blog support anyway), but I just really want to thank http://writingatmidnight.wordpress.com/ for nominating me! It made my day and my week when I really needed it! 🙂